Sunday, June 24, 2007


What is this career thing all about? Is that only a job that you are working for a company? or salaries that every month bank into your account? or holding a high ranking position in a multinational company? or perhaps its should be something you like to do or get whatever you want at the end? .......
Well...i don't have career but i have a job. How's that sound huh? A job that i guess i like it but i have moved from company to company in average every 1 year plus i move on. Sound and look bad on my profile but every job i jumped to i learn something and of coz salary get higher for little. What do i get besides a bit of pay rise? i earn friendship and i learn to do the job better.
The 3 companies that i have been jumping around have different cultures and have their good and bad things.
I joined company ABC after graduated from E-commerce, didn't know why the company hired me as Business Analyst, i should have ask HIM coz he hired me. I thought great, i got a job and something different. The people in company ABC are nice and friendly people when i first joined however it was very difficult for me to catch up with work because it was so new to me. Some programming work, some configuration work on 41 spreadsheet, some software design, some erd, some process flow and lots of documentation. During the 1st 6 months i wasn't happy with the job but the people are fantastic, i got lot of help from them especially THEM is being very patient to me for not understand the entire configuration. 3 months after working for the co, i had an offered from another company doing e-business work, should be good opportunity for me but i stayed on. I cann't remember why i didn't taking up the offered. Well..after a while about 9 mths to a year later, the management changed but i am picking up with works and gain some confidence and during that time some of my workmates (now become my best friends and hubby) left the company. The company become urgly and many people are started looking out, at the meantimes, i started blogging and hanging around with them. The times was great, we went out for tea break, we called it "jam"..joking around and wait till 6pm to go home. The moment didn't last long for me, i started to get demotivated and know that i should move on like others. So after working here for 1 year 6 mths i left to company DEF.
On my first day with DEF, i was taking to a project requirement gathering..ohhhh..hang on buddy...i am not quite sure i am actually ready for this big thing however i went and put myself into it. I found that the project worth a million. During the beginning i didn't have much idea what were they talking about on all these banking and financial things. Be frank, i hate banking and finance. I should have know this the moment i have signed the contract but all i care was get out from ABC to start over again. However, i kept telling myself, you have been thru the hard time with ABC remember? you can do it, just need more time and accept it!! Well..the client is demanding and lucky that i have an experience senior to guide me along the way. Something happened after this project, the boss assigned me to R&D team to help on the new product development. I don't know a thing in this new product, and the team leader on this product is going to Austria in a week time, what should i do? Well, the boss has planned out that i should help the subject matter expert to design the product while the team leader and another BA was in Austria, besides i have a team of developers here for help. The team leader only managed to gave me walk thru on the product we are supposed to continue developing..ummppp..this kinda shit again huh!!! from ABC i was in R&D, i just got a bit of fun with client and now i am back with R&D. Funny enough, i didn't reject the boss of assigning me to R&D team. Here, i started all over again and i might get a chance to travel for work.. i thought. My travelling thought never come to real except that was one time my boss have no choice to send me to Indonesia with the developer lead to do some demos. That was good experince but tiring. Not long after back from Indonesia, the opportunity that i have waited for long..now my boss is sending me back to the client. It was a bit of mess when i was back on side. Some experience developers left the company and a BA who knows the Islamic project left too. Now i am in the middle of UAT stage for this project that i never know who are the users and what are the pending issues. My manager are pretty suck coz she never with the team whenever the team needed her. Everytime when there is a roll out, we found her disappeared. Well...the senior BA who thought me well on my first day was in maternity leaves, leaving me and a new BA...so what is the show??? My job is to continue with the UAT and get sign off is my main objectives and the new BA have to gather requirements for some system enhancements. Basically the team is too busy with everything. On the developer side, we only have 3 developers that can dependent on. However, after the UAT sign off, one of the developer left the company but another 2 new so call experience developers joined in. Still safe i thought...however..this is when the nightmare began. The 2 new developers are pretty good in bullshitting and all they did were patching data which didn't get the problem solve...mmmppp..really no good...we have got tons of complaints from client, and manager still not appearing to protect us. The company and boss losing his trust from client and event the staffs were frustrated. I was by my own on one very interesting project with 1 developer helping me out however untill today our work didn't get published. I was disappointed. During the beginning of this year..something happened to me and my family, i was trying to focus on my job but i only can concerntrate 70% of my 8 hrs job in a day. However, i really learn a lot from here. It is worth to give in.
My third opportunity came begining of this year during the worst moment of my life, i guess it is a turning point. I never work for a multinational company and i have got an offer from them, the job given me a good pay rise and i know that money is important to me at this time. I need them. Well..the worst thing is...i am going into freaking R&D again...i know that i am enjoying dealing with clients but because of joining a multinational company is something i must try and it could ..maybe giving me a transfer in Aus, worth to try i believed.
I have been joining them a few months now, i am experiencing another kind of suck team lead. Even though he is suck but i have no way to challenge his experiences and his knowledge in accounting. I am still dependent on him to hold the responsibility that he made...why i dislike him so much??? well..basically i think he has too much of ego in him, he think that he is the best and smartest person in the team, no doubt he is the team leader and the worst is he think he can do good presentation compare to us and he still think that his way of documentation are the best that people can accept it. What i think of his presentation? ummpp...i saw the functional manager felt asleep..how's tat huh? how's documentation? I found that the developers don't really appreciate it. Well...it doesn't mean that i am good either but i am still trying to break something here. As i know i can't really learn much or get much out from here but how do i break it in order to make sure my stay in here is worth something? As least something to help me to be better and not stopping me to improve myself.

7 Comments:

Blogger Por Por Channel said...

wei how are you ah aunty ?!?!?!

is time to upload some photo lah!
so busy meh?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lizard @爬虫類 said...

這是一個很好的分享。我也一直思考這個問題﹐後果是頭髮越掉越多。JOB是工作﹔
CAREER是事業。每一個人都有一份工作﹐但不是每個人都創了事業。打工仔有事業
嗎﹖我相信有。很多國際集團如MICROSOFT的CEO也是打工仔﹐分別是他們有宏願和
理想去營運。其實﹐處處都有棘手的問題﹐可是每當我們費了心思去解決時﹐達到
目的後﹐我們覺得那個問題很有意義。就像打一場排球賽﹐如果場場都容易過關的
話就沒意義了﹐可能對手的級量差很遠。越難打的球賽越有意義﹐就算過了很多年﹐
你也很自豪對別人分享點滴。

明顯﹐你那位上司就是你面對具有挑戰性的一場戰。也許﹐你會說“死仔包﹐國情
不一樣﹗”可是﹐SAM﹐就試試嘛﹗當一場球賽去面對﹐打贏了。你的JOB就很有意
義﹐那種滿足感﹑成就感以及性感(有魅力的人就性感﹗)伴隨而來﹐那時你就感到
你的JOB就像一個CAREER一樣有意義。

每一天都是一張白白畫布﹐視你用什麼心情去涂上怎樣的色彩。

朋友﹐加油﹗共勉之。

8:56 PM  
Blogger Samlulu said...

非常同意, 打赢了一场战会觉得很有意义,但打输了也觉得上了一堂宝贵的科目。

6:46 PM  
Blogger Por Por Channel said...

wei lieng lui mummy how are you?
heard some news about you leh!

chat .....when free u!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Crystalicious said...

You can find back your password for your blog already then? :D

Anyway, congrat you become a young mommy now

1:44 PM  
Blogger Por Por Channel said...

wah........it seem like you never annouce,
got ppl annouce it for you leh!

how are you?

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lizard @爬虫類 said...

Wonderful!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home